Bash Hackers Wiki needs love
There are things to do. Always.
Article optics and structure
Target: A more or less unique structure (done)
- Bash compound commands - bring all mentioned compound command description pages into a format
- (with as many sub-topics as needed)
- PORTABILITY CONSIDERATIONS
- SEE ALSO
- do the same with command descriptions (printf, read, …)
Article content and correctness
In general all pages need review, all the time. If you find anything incorrect, stupid, unclear, just edit the page or write a mail. It's also possible to use the integrated discussion option (below every article).
- List of Bash online-tutorials - new tutorials? opinions? etc.
Article code examples
- Small getopts tutorial - lacks some complex or more sophisticated examples
Greg's BashFAQ mirror
The code rewrite to mirror Greg's BashFAQ was a bad idea, it doesn't work good. A fix to not lose the links would be to invent some nifty mod_rewrite rules to forward any requests to the namespace to the real BashFAQ wiki.
Update: Just hacked the rewrite rules - the mirror is gone and the mirror URLs redirect to Greg's BashFAQ.
Future: Mirror it as real MoinMoinWiki instance. This won't happen here on the webspace, more on a dedicated server.
- more examples
- workaround to use long options: translate long optoion to short option and replace positionaal parameters before using getopts