NOTE: Due to neverending SPAM from various IPs (the usual pharmacy-links and whatnot nonsens) this page was made readonly.
Another way of submitting wishes is the following form:
Token Recognition and Shell Grammar
a more human-readable version of the following topics:
A simplified version of `man bash' and interesting bash tricks.
The whole site is meant to be like that: a simplified or better human-readable collection of manpage snipplets. Maybe a page with the main topics of bash manpage that link to the proper articles would be good (I just don't have enough articles heh) - a kind of summary page — Jan
hmm maybe some of this stuff could make it somewhere to the wiki…:)
- an article about how to do ksh coprocess in bash ( may be obsolete regarding Bash 4 features)
- single way → process substitution
- 2 way name pipes
- let's write a interactive tutorial script that teaches readline/bash (like C-h t in emacs, or vimtutor or vilearn)
- programmable history: http://pastebin.bash-hackers.org/index.php?show=22
Bash For Loop Multi-word lines
From this solution on modifying the internal Field Separator (IFS) in bash I found here:
added to the for-loop-article as example, but also made some critical comments; thanks — Jan
- My school offers a UNIX programming course (C, shell, etc.). I use this site extensively to help my friends taking this course learn concepts such as I/O redirection etc. As it gets more advanced they need to do option parsing. Therefore I would like to see a "getopts illustrated" article or some such, showing the breakdown of how it parses parameters.
- "Small getopts tutorial" is a first step for the getopts stuff - provide ideas